Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Tea Time

I love it when something warms you from the inside out. A nice hot cup of Earl Grey (British style with milk and honey in it, of course) is doing that right now. I've been cold all day until now.

Other things that warm me on the inside at the moment:
  • other memories of England last year
  • knowing I'll see old friends (the BCG's) in only a week and a half at the Weber wedding
  • the Jon Baker and Chris Plank CD (check out www.jbcpmusic.com )
  • when the words of a song or a picture or artwork or object says exactly what I'm thinking or feeling

I'd also like to share this quote from William Law:

Would you know who is the greatest saint in the world? It is not he who prays most or fasts most; it is not he who gives most alms or is most eminent for temperance, chastity, or justice; but it is he who is always thankful to God, who wills everything that God wills, who receives everything as an instance of God's goodness and has a heart always ready to praise God for it.

And this, my friends, concludes tea time with Mandy today. Drink up.


No comments: