Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I could never become a drug addict, that's for sure.

I've been taking this generic cold medicine yesterday and today, and it's starting to scare me. (by the way, i have no idea if i even have a cold, it could have been strep. i'm not real sure, but thought i'd try the cold meds...they've worked!) I remembered taking it last year when I had a cold and it started making me feel dizzy, but I thought i'd try it again. Yesterday I took it twice (normal dosage, don't worry) and it made me feel GREAT, but a little spacy and tipsy. I liked it. This morning I woke up and I'm pretty sure the side effects were still in action many many hours later. So at lunch time today I took more, b/c I didn't want to get a headache and neckache anymore, and now I regret it. Since then I've been panicky and thought I was going to have an anxiety attack in Cracker Barrel. I just had to get out of there! It was almost like there were twice the side effects that I had yesterday. Finally the panic has worn off and now I just feel good and relaxed, and quite spacy still. But I will not be taking anymore unless absolutely necessary. Side effects are so weird and can be scary!

With this being said, I know I could never become addicted to drugs. I'd get too scared!


In other news...
-spa party tonight at krista's to prep. for her wedding in 3 days
-finished my Life Map project for Shaping the Heart of a Leader and really loved seeing how different people, events, and ideas have shaped my life.
-I was really encouraged by people in my class discussion group today. God has totally been reassuring me lately through the affirmations of other people. I love that.
-for some reason, O Come O Come Emmanuel has been my fav song lately... it's resonating with me. listen to bethany dillon's version at her website: www.bethanydillon.com

No comments: