Wednesday, January 26, 2005

January

If I were a poet
I'd write a poem about January.

It's gloomy and gray,
Frustrating at times
Missing some connection
Wondering,
questioning,
or am I just questioning too much?

Seems like everyone's feeling this way...
Is it a season of life?
Or is it just a season?
The winter?

Is this a mirror of what February will bring?
Hopefully not.
I can't wait for spring!


I guess this is my response to what I've been feeling lately and what both Doug and Kim have written about recently in their blogs. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have this gloomy, depressive outlook on life...it's just that it feels like something is missing. But is it? It's weird and hard to describe in words, but I'm seriously wondering if this is just a winter thing or if it's a season of life. If anyone knows the answer, fill me in. I'd like to know.

No comments: