- "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." --Nelson Mandela
- "On the other hand, you have different fingers." --Jack Handey
- "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." --Winston Churchill
- "Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed." --Michael Pritchard
- "If you scatter thorns, don't go barefoot." --Italian proverb
- "There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it." --George Bernard Shaw
- "What is that you express in your eyes? It seems to me more than all the words I have read in my life." --Walt Whitman
- "He made the world to be a grassy road before her wandering feet." --W.B. Yeats
- "There is no remedy for love but to love more." --Henry David Thoreau
And that's as far as I am. I don't want to peek into the next few chapters, because it's my favorite thing to get to a new chapter and read a new quote. I love this book.
Like I said, say what you wish and make fun of me if you'd like, but I'll defend myself and the book!