Saturday, November 05, 2005

what career suits me?

Your Career Type: Artistic
You are expressive, original, and independent.Your talents lie in your artistic abilities: creative writing, drama, crafts, music, or art.
You would make an excellent:
Actor - Art Teacher - Book Editor Clothes Designer - Comedian - Composer Dancer - DJ - Graphic DesignerIllustrator - Musician - Sculptor
The worst career options for your are conventional careers, like bank teller or secretary.


I'd totally love to hear what other people think I should do w/ my life. I have many ideas, but it feels like very few. I'm considering starting a journal of them...

Here's what I'd include so far...:
-wedding planner
-assistant to a photographer
-open a coffeeshop
-open a fun kitchen store (mostly b/c i just went to a cool one in downtown napes...loved it.)
-take Rachael Ray's job at $40 a Day on the Food Network and eat at cool places in different cities
-be the girl on the Travel Channel who visits all the best hotels
-marry a guy who can sing and play guitar and just sing harmony w/ him
-open a fun little gift shop like Pour La Maison in downtown Naperville (can you tell I enjoyed some time to chill in napes on thursday and friday?)

that's what i've got off the top of my head.
don't think i'm seeking affirmation here, i'm just wanting ideas.

feedback?

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Nobody has commented on your post yet. How rude. I will gladly step up and be the first to do so. So how are things? I hope your doing well. Perhaps I will finally get around to emailing you again one of these days. I'm such a slacker!

Mandy said...

seriously. the one post i actually want some feedback on, i get nothing. nada. maybe everyone else is just as clueless as me on what i should do w/ my future!

things are good, rach! for the most part, anyway. i'll fill you in sometime on some stuff. hope all is well in TN w/ you!

PirateKayle said...

I always wanted to work at a coffee shop that would be awesome. So would playing guitar with a husband, but since I don't even have a bf I doubt that'll happen. I sometimes do a game where I think of all the random jobs I wouldn't mind working like at a Jones Soda Factory, or a vinyl record store. But I really want to be a writer for Blender or Spin Magizine and become the next oprah. Is that good feedback?

Lucas said...

If you want some feedback, here it is. Don't ask other people about you. You know you better than we will ever know you.

But if you want a fresh perspective, your future doesn't have to be about your job. If you are right brained and artistic, you don't need an artsy job, just an outlet. Try playing a set at a coffee house every once and a while (not in Lincoln). Or make costers for people in the office.

Mandybear said...

even though other people may not know you...I know you better than you know yourself and you need to come to Kentucky....ha ha

Mandy said...

Lucas--Sometimes I'm just not sure how well I know myself. And if I left it totally up to me, I'd decide that I'm not sure what I'm good at and end up doing nothing or something. I agree about not needing a career that's artsy...b/c I'd be afraid I'd lose the passion for it if it was my career.

Manda--Thanks for that. Sometimes I think you might know me better than I do. However, now's definitely not the time for me to move to Kentucky, unfortunately. i think you should move here to chicago and live w/ me someday.