Saturday, November 11, 2006

highlights

Was Highlights the name of that magazine I used to read when I was little? And is that the one with Goofus & Gallant in it? Man, those guys were my favorite. I have no idea why.

Anyway, because I had a pretty rough week with extreme busyness (which is fine under normal circumstances) combined with some not-so-convenient-or-inexpensive-or-normal circumstances.... I've decided to post some highlights of the week instead of the low points. Way to be an optimist, right?

#1: at least when my car had to be towed last Sunday night Ford's Roadside Assistance paid for it instead of me. Thanks Ford. you did one good thing...and it wasn't the part where you made my Focus. But today we shall focus on what you did right.

#2: Dave Barnes played at Lincoln on Monday, so I got to see lots of friends who were there from random places.

#3: I did not get in a wreck while driving 2.5 hours back from a college fair in thick fog on Tuesday night.

#4: When I got a speeding ticket on Wednesday, at least the state cop was nice...but still no warning.

#5: Thursday I got to see great old friends in Cincinnati--met up with Abbra and her 1-year-old Owen at the Gap Outlet in KY. Then Linds, Chels, and I had lunch w/ Brandt and Jessica--that equals a great day, no matter what else!

#6: Friday our big youth leaders' reception at ICTC went well. I hope? At least we think it did!

#7: Today--I got to see Missy and Jake! And I got to spend a few hours in my own apartment this evening doing nothing.

#8: Lindsey and I shared some fun jam sessions to both Amy Grant and Mariah Carey Christmas songs this week. When nothing else is going right, you can't go wrong with some cheesy Christmas music.

#9: I'm working out some thoughts (which I'll post at a later date) from some things I'm wrestling with about serving and Africa and life. There are a lot of things that are just wrecking my heart and my mind all of the sudden.

#10: I'm reminded of these conclusions that Oswald Chambers wrote in My Utmost for His Highest in some of this past week's devos: "I find that faith is as natural as breathing. And I am staggered when I think how foolish I have been in not trusting Him earlier.....God is using me from His great personal perspective, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him."

I am sure there were more highlights in my week, but I'll leave you w/ those. Sometime soon I'll get out what is really going through my head.

No comments: