Friday, December 15, 2006

waiting...

Well, we are back in Chicago again with Dad. I just want him to feel better. It is so frustrating, and I know he's sick of being sick. Things just seem to take forever around here. We sat in an examination room where my dad just slept for 2 hours, and no one told us that the floor he was being sent to was waiting for him those entire 2 hours. We finally get to the floor, where he's ready to just lay down and sleep, and the bed is broken. it took another good hour and a half to get a bed that works (which turned out to be one that mom and I saw sitting in the hallway an hour before that and could have brought in and hooked up ourselves!!!), and he still doesn't even have an IV in. Everything takes forever. I hate waiting.

So the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait..." I certainly hope that's true. In more ways than one.

I'm reminded of these words from Shane & Shane's song Waiting Room:

I will run when I cannot walk
I will sing when there is no song
I will pray when there is no prayer
I will listen when I cannot hear


Sitting in the waiting room of silence
waiting for that still soft voice I know
Offering my words up to the rooftop to Your heart
Trusting that this closet's where You are


Lord I know if I change my mind
You will change my heart in time
Sovereign Lord this time's from You
so I sit in the waiting room of silence
cause its all about You


I will fight when I cannot feel
I will trust when You dont seem real
I will tell when I cannot speak
I will step when I cannot see


I needed to be reminded of that just now. I feel like I'm waiting in a lot of ways in life right now, but it's good to be reminded that it's not about me. This time's from Him, 'cause it's all about Him. I may not be able to learn patience, but I can certainly hope to be better at waiting.

No comments: