Monday, February 18, 2008

looking forward...

This weekend I'm headed to Louisville, KY to hang out with my BFF Amanda, who recently got engaged to her new BFF Adam. I'm so excited for her and can't wait to be a part of their big day! We're going to try on dresses and do all of the fun bride-to-be things that brides-to-be and their maids-of-honor do. Amanda has been my best friend since I was in 7th grade and she was in 6th, and I think our friendship began in the days of Jr. High Bible Bowl. (yes, we were Bible Bowlers...) If you don't know what Bible Bowl is, it's basically a competition like Academic Team or Scholastic Bowl, but it's with books of the Bible. I now think it's quite a ridiculous thing to compete over knowledge of scripture, but back in the day we thought we were the coolest. More than being IN Bible Bowl, I think we just enjoyed spending the time between our "practices" and youth group rollerblading around the church parking lot and eating microwave popcorn down to the last lick of the greasy, buttery, salty bag.


In less than a month, I'll be going back to Romania to take a team of LCC students to work with Rachel Ross and her ministry in the gypsy village of Tinca. I went with a group last year and we spent a great deal of time with the kids at another ministry, and I'm hoping to see some of their familiar faces in the evenings after we back from Tinca. I think spending a week there this spring will refresh my spirit and renew the joy that the winter seems to steal away from me at times. I mean, how can you not experience joy when you see faces like this cutie??


Other things I'm looking forward to:

  • seeing tulips pop up in the spring
  • warm weather
  • going on vacation somewhere soon
  • summertime
  • flip flops
  • skirts
  • wearing my Paris Hilton shades b/c it's so bright
  • friends' weddings (my good friend STEPH also got engaged this weekend!!! Hooray!!!)
  • hopefully buying a Mac.


No comments: