Saturday, April 12, 2008

Flo-Rida...

So it has only been a little over 24 hours now since I left sunny Flo-rida, and I can't stop shivering. Seriously, Illinois, it's the middle of April and we're expecting snow today and tomorrow. Isn't that a bit ridiculous?

Anyway, one of my best friends/co-worker Lindsey and I had the great opportunity to go down to Panama City Beach to hang out w/ all the drunk spring breakers for a week. Just kidding. We went down there for a Christ In Youth MOVE Conference with only the youth group of 400 students from Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, KY. In the midst of crazy drunks galavanting down the streets barefoot in bikinis hollering at everyone in sight and riding in the backs of trucks, there were about 400 students plus staff/adult leaders worshiping in an old arcade building. Not the type of venue you'd expect, but we're sure it was the first time an event like that had ever happened in that building. It was cool to sense the Spirit moving in such an odd place. I guess that's how He rolls...

We hung out w/ some funny students, some new and old friends from both CIY and Southeast, and of course spent some good time on the beach. I definitely brought a tan home as a souvenir, so I'm quite happy about that.

The thing that I'm most excited about is just to see how these students will begin to MOVE. I'm excited to see how even I will move. I'm in such a weird stage of life where I'm so uncertain about where God is leading me, and I have no idea which direction I should be moving. But I know there's something stirring in me...I just have yet to figure it out.

I'll post some pictures of the beautiful sunset I caught the other night on the beach when I get a chance...since it's so cold in Illinois for now, those will have to suffice for warming me up.

No comments: