Tuesday, May 06, 2008

a World on Fire

I had never seen this video until today, and when I watched it, I was in awe. It never ceases to amaze me how much we spend on useless things and how little it costs to help a world in need. I know I tend to talk about this a lot, and while it might feel like a guilt trip for some of you, I don't really mind. I'd rather make you feel guilty than not make a difference in the world. So if my little words can somehow offer motivation or influence in someone else's decision to save a life, then I'm thankful.

So if you can, just take a second and consider what you could give up to help someone.

  • If you're interested in starting out at $7/month, join the Mocha Club. It's a great club through an organization called African Leadership that helps provide clean water, food, education, business training, ministerial training, orphanages, and many other things for people around Africa.
  • Maybe you want to take it a step further...$30/month can help sponsor one of the precious little kids I met in Romania through Forget Me Not Ministries. I'd be glad to introduce you to one of the kiddos there who still need more sponsors so that they can take in more than 6 gypsy kids at the Isaiah Center.
  • Countless organizations like Compassion and WorldVision exist in a similar way where you can pay $32/month and provide for basic needs, education, and Bible school for kids around the world.

Just think about it. I made decisions about these things in just a moment, and I probably could give up buying a shirt or two a month to sponsor yet another child.

So, guilt trip or not, I'm just sharing my convictions with the world (or the 3 people who might read this) in hopes that someone somewhere might also decide to help change the world.

No comments: