Since my adorable nephew has suddenly awakened from his sleep and is chattering in his crib keeping me awake, I figured I'd spout out some random information.
1. I think I kind of like the Jonas Brothers. I hate to admit it. But there. I said it.
2. I miss the beach. But this week's weather in Illinois has been amazing. Like, Southern California amazing. Can we please keep it?
3. I can feel fall coming. I really can. I can smell it in the air and feel it in the cool mornings and crisp nights.
4. I have a severe problem with finishing books. I want to start reading new books all the time, but I can't seem to finish them. I'm still working on several right now, including "Eat, Pray, Love" which I'll also post more blogs about, as well as "Bird by Bird: Some Thoughts on Writing" (Anne Lamott), and a few others I've picked up here and there but don't plan on reading consistently or in order.
5. I'm NOT afraid to admit that I'm still anxious to see the 2nd Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie.
6. I am tired of meetings.
7. I'm learning patience these days in a new way I didn't realize I had in me. I'm kinda liking it. I'm going along for the ride and just enjoying it.
8. My friend Sarah made THE BEST MEAL last night at her apartment...it is now my favorite. Mediterranean Puff Pastry Chicken. (recipe is on www.allrecipes.com) A-MA-ZI-NG. Just imagine a flaky, rectangular puff pastry crust, browned just right and very crispy, and as you poke your fork into it you find chicken tenderloin marinated in pesto sauce, garlic, and stuffed inside with red peppers, spinach, more pesto, and feta cheese (my FAVORITE!). I'm sold on pretty much anything with feta in it. I'm still thinking about this meal today.
9. Has anyone seen that commercial with the Burger King guys dressed up outside of a Subway--one dressed as a grilled burger and the other as a chicken sandwich? And one of them kicks the air...hilarious. My sister and I actually rewound that on DVR one night to laugh at it again. It's not funny unless you see it. hm...
10. I ran 2 miles this week. That's like a freaking milestone for me. Usually one mile is hard enough, and somehow I just kept on pushing through...i'm hoping to keep that up, but we'll see.
11. I love my friends. Seriously, I have awesome friends. It's just overwhelming sometimes how many really great people are in my life. And in the words of one of the BCG's, "If I wasn't one of us, I'd want to be one of us..."
12. Last weekend I attended Christie & Caleb Wright's wedding, which was one of my favorite weddings as of late. Two of the most beautiful people, inside and out, and their love is simply beautiful. I love when there are just good marriages that you feel good about. So looking forward to seeing their marriage grow...and such a fun time dancing!
13. Red Vines make really good drumsticks on the steering wheel when you're driving. I'm just sayin'...
OK, well, hoping Evan is finally falling asleep, but he's still whining in there like "Hey! Someone come and get me!" and it takes everything in me as Aunt Mandy not to come in and try to rock him back to sleep. But tonight, he's not rockable. He's a squirmy worm tonight and you just have to let him whine and cry himself to sleep, because he's restless. So I think he's beginning to calm down, and Mimi (my mom) is asleep on the couch, and I think I'm going to head to bed.