Saturday, September 27, 2008

inspiration boards, pt. 1

A few of my friends and I have a group blog that we use to share thoughts with each other and no one else, and one of my friends mentioned something that came about on the Oprah episode where she hosted author of Eat, Pray, Love, Liz Gilbert. They talked about making "hopes and dreams" boards--creative collages of things that inspire, invoke happiness, and resonate with you. My best friend Amanda suggested that we do this, and I'm going to take it a step further...I want to encourage anyone who is reading this to make one.

I think it would be really cool to share pictures of our completed inspiration boards at some point in time. I googled them and found a few sites with pictures of boards, suggestions for making them, and one flickr group specifically for these pictures! For those of you who enjoy creating, organizing, and dreaming, this is something you'll love to do. I consider myself a creator, an organizer, and a dreamer, but it's something I need to challenge myself to more often. I tend to think about it, want to do it, but I don't put it into practice nearly as often as I should.

So I'm making an inspiration board. I'm going to gather clippings, artwork, colors, poems, quotes, beautiful photos, creative fonts, designs, travel destinations, song lyrics, and anything else I can find that makes me dream more. Anything that will make me smile just to look at and will inspire me to be more creative.

If you need some help finding some ideas or inspiration yourself, here are some sites:

Resources for Writers...

Simple Mom Blog/The Creative Family

Inspiration Boards blogspot...


Hope these help...if not, google it and see what you can find! But it's your own, so be creative! I'm looking forward to starting mine! I'll post pics of it when I'm done...that will be Part 2!


1 comment:

bleev said...

Eat Love Pray! I always see this book around and have wanted to read it... Thoughts?