Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Yay! Tomorrow on our way to Ohio I'm meeting the people I'll be living with in Indianapolis during my internship. I can't wait to see the house and meet them and get the full experience of where I'll be for the next 6 months or so. I'm really excited!

Wanna know what else I'm looking forward to? Of course you do! Seeing my beautiful niece Maddy and my sister and brother-in-law. I love going to their house.

It's so weird to not have an agenda each day! I no longer have the joy of crossing off each thing on my list! However it's much greater to stay up late, sleep in late, get ready as quickly or slowly as I'd like, and do whatever else I want to. Today my activity of choice was...shopping! Yep--I went to 2 stores (Value City and Wal-Mart) and I'm pretty sure I was gone for a good 5 and a half hours! Being indecisive takes a lot of time! Now...to finish my Christmas shopping: what do you get a dad and a brother-in-law? I'm horrible at shopping for men!

Complete change of subject--I'm going to start picking a song of choice for each day I have decided. Here is today's:

"All That Is In Me" by Shane Barnard (not on any of the CD's, it's a song I found back in the day when downloading was legal)

It's not often enough I lift my hands in worship
It's not often enough I sing a song of joy
So often I'm reminded of His love and how He's so faithful
So I offer Him a sacrifice of praise

All that is in me, all that I am
There's nothing I'm withholding from you
All that is in me, all that I am
To glorify the Lamb

Oh I offer up a sacrifice of praise to you my God
For you alone are the King of Kings
My heart, my mind, my soul, my life
I give you all I am
Oh I wait for you to come and rescue me


Wow, just reading the lyrics does not do that song justice, because it is an incredible song. It's like a gut check every time I hear it, because I realize it's NOT often enough that I lift my hands in worship or sing a song of joy. Then when I realize that I have neglected to do so I recognize how God has been faithful and loving all the while. He deserves my sacrifice, so why do I always withhold things? I think that's a lesson learned for all.

I suppose enough is enough--and I have clearly written enough. I need to get some sleep and pack for our adventure to ohio. So long, my friends.

No comments: