Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Well, well, well... It's been a long time. Isn't that what everyone says when they haven't written in a journal or a blog or a diary in forever? It's funny...as if we need to say it to the inanimate object--"Sorry journal, how have you been?"

Life is all new for me...living in Lincoln and working here at the school now for good. Some days are pretty boring so far, so I have been reading other people's blogs and realizing that I need to get on the blogging ball! I love reading other people's blogs yet I feel like I'm spying or eavesdropping if I "find" someone else's without their knowledge. It's kinda weird. I want some of my friends to get blogs too!

Yesterday was like the end of the world almost...at least for half of Lincoln. I was leaving to head back to work from my lunch break and found out my car wouldn't start. That was upsetting. So I called for a ride, got back to the office within 4 minutes, only to find that there was a power outage in half the town including the entire campus! (looking back there was about a 5 min. span between me coming downstairs from the apartment and the power outage, and it's a good thing I didn't happen to take the elevator and get stuck--thanks for looking out for me on that one God!) Well, needless to say, there was not much to do at the office w/o power, so we all had the rest of the day off! And I got a new car battery and it's fresh and roarrring to go!

Living the single life in my apt. by myself is already boring...but it is making me read more and that's a good thing. I'm deeply in need of spiritual refreshment--no not punch and cookies--but a tighter relationship with J.C. -- That just reminded me of the line on Meet the Parents where he talks about Jesus and calls him that--funny. Well I'm off to do some more work! Just taking a blog break and catching up with my poor empty blog.

No comments: