Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Aaahh...another long day of work has almost passed. I don't think I'll ever reach the end of lists of prospective students to be called on the phone, unfortunately. It's a darn good thing I like to call people--except not really. I really don't like to call people that I don't know, so it's not my fave thing to do but it's my job.

Last night I experienced God's providence through answered prayer in an awesome way. The sad part is, I was kind of surprised that my prayers were answered for some reason. I'm not sure why I was surprised, but possibly because it was such a quick response! Without making a short story long, I basically just wanted to know that there were people around to hang out for the summer so I wouldn't be bored and lonely by myself in my big apartment. Then, Kate called me to go out for dinner, and when I got home from that Amanda called and came to visit me! I was just praying for some good, meaningful conversations and last night was just full of them! I love catching up w/ my friends. I get to do that again tonight w/ Becka before she moves to Cali, so that's good news.

After Amanda left last night I was making banana bread (yeah i'm fun i know) and finishing up the book Fresh Faith by Jim Cymbala. Great book...great reminder to have faith and trust in God's promises. Unfortunately I'm too tired to remember some of the great quotes in there that I underlined, but I'll be sure to plug them in here someday.

For now, I'm almost out of here. Good thing b/c my eyes might just close and stay shut if I sit in front of this computer and phone anymore. I was going to drink coffee to wake me up but I forgot GT shut it off and now it's cold. I still took like 3 drinks of it, but it's gross. So, tip for the day: don't drink cold coffee that wasn't meant to be cold.

~peace~

No comments: