Friday, August 27, 2004

another Storm's a-brewin'....

Today I have the afternoon off (thank you Dr. Searby!) because of our busy past week in Admissions. It's going to storm so I won't be going to the pool as I became accustomed to during my summer fridays off. I'm not quite sure what to do with the afternoon, but I'll probably include these things:
lunch
a nap
working out (haven't done that in SOOOO long)
reading
making snacks for poker night tonight at our apt.

And that's it. I'm super tired. However I'd still like to work out b/c it's something I want to teach myself discipline with. That goes for my reading too. I'm now reading like 5 books and I just can't keep myself into them. I just like to start new books and not finish them for some reason. It's like I'm book commitment-phobic. Or I just don't make time to read...either way. Anyways, here are the books I'm reading:

Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller (just started last night--great book)

A Fish Out of Water by George Barna (awesome book on leadership--oops i almost just typed 'leadersnip'--that's really funny!)

A Childlike Faith by ???--wanna know why I can't remember the author's name? probably b/c I haven't picked up the book in a few weeks!

Faith, God, and Rock & Roll by various musicians--haven't read this in awhile either

Adventures in Missing the Point by Brian McLaren and Tony Campolo - once again, haven't read more than like 3 chapters in this...


And those are my current reading options. I wonder which one I'll finish first. Oh, and I'll be adding like 3 or 4 more books to that when I start my one seminary class next Wednesday--Shaping the Heart of a Leader. Yay! At least it's all good reading!

Have a lovely weekend.




No comments: