Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Careful, the blog you're about to enjoy is extremely silly.

I don't know why I keep getting inspiration of thought from my Starbucks drinks, but there's just something about the words on the cup and lid and the cup holder thingy that keep making me think. So you know the cardboard cupholder thingy that you put around the cup? Well, after I had taken several drinks of my Spiced Chai today and set the cup down, I noticed that the thing said,

"Careful, the beverage you're about to enjoy is extremely hot."

Hm...first of all, it's just funny that it's worded that way as if someone were audibly warning you by saying "Careful!" And who uses that wording anyway? "the beverage you're about to enjoy?" I think they're trying to trick you into thinking you enjoy it. If they wanted to be politically and grammatically correct, shouldn't they say BE careful instead of just 'careful?' I just thought it was really funny and I'm sure you're thinking, "OK Mandy that's enough overanalyzing of the cupholder thingy--that's stupid!" Oh well! I'm just writing down my thoughts as I go here!

Besides, it's not much of a warning anyways...would you actually read the cupholder before you take a drink??? mmmm....probably not. I sure didn't, and that's why my tongue is now burnt. Thanks Starbucks for spending all that money to print the letters on the cupholder that I'd never think to READ before taking a drink. Maybe they should stop doing that and then their drinks wouldn't be so darn expensive...or maybe that lady who sued McDonald's one time for burning herself w/ the hot coffee should have been smarter and known that the coffee was going to be hot, so all these places wouldn't have to warn the rest of the world...as if we're lacking any common sense!

:-) Those are my silly thoughts of the moment. have fun w/ them.

No comments: