Tuesday, August 03, 2004

RED HOT!!!
That's what it is outside today as well as in the office! It's soooo stinking warm and humid out there and we're on fire in here w/ visits today. We've had like 6 visits in the office today as opposed to the summer zero that I've been used to the past 2 months. Taking people around on tours has been quite warm today, and I probably should have used the popemobile to take them instead of walking...oh well. Anyways, Josh and I have decided we're starting a D.A. file (figure out on your own what that might stand for after I explain) for students who drop in w/o an appointment and say things like "I just wanted to stop in to get an application...for a job." When we replied by asking "Would you like an application for admission or for work?" he answered, "Well, sure, both." As a Computer Science major I'm not sure why he sort of wanted to take classes here at a Bible College that offers nothing in that area. Also when I explained to him that we're a bible college and asked him if he desired to take classes in Bible/Theology & Christian Ministries he said "Sure, I'd be willing to do that..." Hm...I'm not sure, but I don't think he quite caught on. It's visits like that that make the day difficult despite the ones that go well. I'd love to help him out, but to be honest w/ you I don't want to recruit a student who really doesn't want to be here for ministry training. It's quite a challenge. It was a challenge in showing compassion for me, but I think I held up quite well. Anyways, other than that my other visit and a tour for GT's visit went well today! I thought being busy would make the day go by faster, but it still seems like a long day.

I'm extremely tired and I might take another nap tonight after work like I did yesterday. I have been soooo tired lately and I'm hoping there's nothing wrong w/ me. (laugh on those of you who rightly call me a hypochondriac--i know i am!) But I'm just so tired lately! I cannot wake up in the mornings and I'm blaming it on the lack of windows in my bedroom. I wish there was a way I could change that! well the day of work is almost over and I'm out of here in 5 minutes. peace ya'll...

No comments: