Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Bachelorette: Season Finale

Out of curiosity, how many people fell out of their seats last night at the end of The Bachelorette? Anyone?

Not me. Honestly, I kind of expected something similar to happen. I knew Jen would pick Jerry (as she did), but then I knew it wouldn't work out (as it didn't). I sort of thought she'd still want to date him rather than saying "let's just be friends." But whatever.

I will say that I like Jerry a whole lot more than I used to. There was a possibility w/ progression for their relationship. He had a problem with communicating, so it was something she could help him work through. With John Paul, there was nothing to progress really, unless he could talk her into truly liking him. She just wasn't feeling it, I'm pretty sure. He was too smothery and all up in her face. Even when they kissed her face was covered with his hand plastered all over it.

I can't believe the ridiculous "After the Rose" show, however. Could you make things any harder for these people and could you make this "reality" show anymore unrealistic?

And a memo to the lady in the audience who asked if they broke up because they weren't "sexually compatible": What were you thinking? Is it really your business? Is it really the public's business? And honestly, I think you are stupid for asking that question on national television. Besides, "sexual compatibility" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of for a relationship not working. I'm pretty sure we're all compatible (guy w/ girl, girl w/ guy) if I have it figured out right...

The most enjoyable part of the evening was watching it w/ 3 guys and hearing their comments, which were quite hilarious!

A little Q & A about the season:
Q: Was it worth it to watch this entire season all for that ending?
A: Other than the fact that it was actually somewhat classy and not skanky as the upcoming Bachelor appears to be, my answer would be NO. For that ending, it was not worth it.

No comments: