Thursday, June 09, 2005

strawberry pie started it all...

I was really frustrated earlier w/ some unspoken issues at work... well, unspoken on this, but definitely not unspoken to Mary Kay and Josh, the two I vented to in the office. Call me immature, but they at least were on my side and agree with me.

And then came some consolation from the unexpected:

Jeaneen Ray brought in a yummy Strawberry Pie for our office as a part of her "pie blessing ministry." I didn't know this existed, but I'm thankful for it. As soon as the pie came in, I thought "this is a great day!" It's amazing how that helped me get over my frustration.

And then I got to take a prospective student and her mom to Cracker Barrel for lunch.

And now I'm listening to my country music on Launchcast Radio.

This is a great day. Now. I realize that I'm basing my day on circumstantial things, but I don't mind.

Here are some other things that I find bring me peace or solace most of the time:
  • sitting in my windowsill in my apartment
  • dancing around my apartment or in my car
  • singing loudly in my apartment or in my car, not caring if others hear me
  • driving with the windows down and letting the wind run through my fingers when the wind doesn't blow my hair in my face
  • talking to friends that i haven't talked to in forever
  • laughing really hard
  • laying out
  • Daiquiri Ice ice cream from Baskin Robbins, breadsticks & alfredo sauce from Olive Garden, Sonic's orange CreamSlushes, fresh raspberries from grandma & grandpa's garden, mom's chicken and noodles, and lots of other yummy treats (not simultaneously of course, what do you think i am, a pig?)
  • campfires where i can just sing w/ someone playing the guitar for hours and hours
  • good song lyrics or good quotes or poems

these are just a few of my favorite things. there's plenty more where that came from.

what about you?

2 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

- Monical's dressing
- Hot stone massage
- Someone else playing with my hair
- Drawing / painting
- Taking pictures
- Seeing my friends / family
- Sitting on the front porch, drinking lemonade, listening to the bugs
- Cookout
- Listening to my brother (or anyone for that matter) jam on his guitar
- Riding bikes on a warm summer night

Okay, I must stop.

Mandy said...

ahhh, good ones...

i love when people play with my hair. or rub my back. that is the best.

listening to anyone play guitar and singing along is wonderful too.

monical's pizza (i'm not a fan of the dressing really...call me crazy!)

these are all good.