And then came some consolation from the unexpected:
Jeaneen Ray brought in a yummy Strawberry Pie for our office as a part of her "pie blessing ministry." I didn't know this existed, but I'm thankful for it. As soon as the pie came in, I thought "this is a great day!" It's amazing how that helped me get over my frustration.
And then I got to take a prospective student and her mom to Cracker Barrel for lunch.
And now I'm listening to my country music on Launchcast Radio.
This is a great day. Now. I realize that I'm basing my day on circumstantial things, but I don't mind.
Here are some other things that I find bring me peace or solace most of the time:
- sitting in my windowsill in my apartment
- dancing around my apartment or in my car
- singing loudly in my apartment or in my car, not caring if others hear me
- driving with the windows down and letting the wind run through my fingers when the wind doesn't blow my hair in my face
- talking to friends that i haven't talked to in forever
- laughing really hard
- laying out
- Daiquiri Ice ice cream from Baskin Robbins, breadsticks & alfredo sauce from Olive Garden, Sonic's orange CreamSlushes, fresh raspberries from grandma & grandpa's garden, mom's chicken and noodles, and lots of other yummy treats (not simultaneously of course, what do you think i am, a pig?)
- campfires where i can just sing w/ someone playing the guitar for hours and hours
- good song lyrics or good quotes or poems
these are just a few of my favorite things. there's plenty more where that came from.
what about you?