Monday, August 29, 2005

a smorgasboard of things

I love to use the word smorgasboard for some odd reason. I think it's funny.

Reminder: check this out. Matt Wertz @ LCC w/ Rob Blackledge. Time change: concert is now at 8:30 p.m., doors will open @ 7:30 p.m.

I have my first chiropractic appointment tomorrow morning at 10:20 a.m., thanks to my annoying lower back pain that seems to persist and haunt my existence.

Bethany Dillon concert on Friday night--amazing. As Courtney said during one of her songs, "I could hardly breathe during that song..." that's how much Bethany blows me away with her wisdom. I am amazed at her talent all the time, and I'm amazed even more at how God uses music to draw me closer to Him.

I have a giant bruise on my left leg..."from what?" you ask. Well, yes, it's from playing hide-and-seek in the dark w/ 20 people at the Hornbrooks' house this weekend for our Fuel Leadership Advance (not retreat...). It hurts real bad.

We have some great food in our office today b/c of Jen & MK's birthdays. Yummy. I made some taco dip that is the easiest thing in the world. Want the recipe? Here it is: 8 oz. cream cheese, 16 oz. sour cream, 1 pkg. taco seasoning. that's it. If you want to decorate it like I do, you can cut up grape tomatoes and sprinkle some shredded cheese as a garnish for the top. :-)

I have the cutest niece in the entire world. Please see below.






I told you she was cute! I aint lyin'!

2 comments:

Cory said...

yes, she is the cutest, of course, but i'm not biased or anything...just her mommy! the little faker is fine today...her fever this morning lasted for an hour and now she's running around playing like normal. i guess she wanted to play hookey again. oh well!

Mandy said...

she just wanted to stay at home and sing some more, apparently. hilarious.