- It makes me want to live in NYC.
- It makes me want to visit NYC in the spring or the fall. ("Don't you just love New York in the fall?")
- It makes me want to sing that song they sing around the piano at Christmastime with my family and friends.
- Meg Ryan is wonderful. (sidenote: I wish she wouldn't have had so much work done on her face...she used to be so darn cute and now she just looks different.)
- It has a superb soundtrack filled with Harry Nilsson, Stevie Wonder, Joni Mitchell, The Cranberries...
- All of their conversation about what 'NY152' means...
- Great quotes like:
"Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway and today - I saw one! It got on at 42nd and off at 59th, where, I assume, it was going to Bloomingdale's to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake - as almost all hats are."
"I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."
"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make 6 decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall! Decaf! Cappuccino!"
"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable but small. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?"
"If I ever get out of here, I'm getting my eyes lasered....WHERE ARE MY TIC-TACS?!?"
or, the all-time best part, of course
"I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly."
Ahhh... I love this movie. It's so comforting to watch a movie you know the whole way through and love no matter how many times you've seen it.