- Awaken is over and went VERY well. Despite lower numbers, God did some great things at and through the retreat. I was moved, and I was glad. Sometimes during the planning process and making sure things are perfect and ready I miss the point. Thankfully I was reminded of the whole point during the retreat.
- Also, don't be surprised if you find a video of me, Chantell, Emily, and Sammy doing '80s Jazzercise on youTube someday soon. I wouldn't doubt it if someone puts it up there...you might pee your pants laughing if you ever get to see it. We were pretty much maniacs for about 10 minutes, but I wish I could wake up like that every day.
- Somehow I've suddenly become addicted to chocolate. I used to not like it all that much, and I've been hooked on it for several weeks now. Mostly dark chocolate still...as long as I avoid those silly Dove promises in the wrappers.
- 10 days till John Mayer
- 15 days till I'm hanging out w/ Kate in Baltimore
- 23 days till I get to hang out w/ Amanda in Louisville
- 51 days till I go to Romania. WOW. I had to count that one...closer than I thought!
- one more day closer to warmer weather...but not close enough. I hate this cold and if I show up missing someday it's because I've up and moved to Texas.
- about 3 and a half months till I have a little nephew!!!
- I still look fwd to Thursday nights--The Office and Grey's Anatomy--like a 5 year old waits for Santa on Christmas Eve.
- God is working...God is always working. (That is much better if sung to yourself as lyrics to dcTalk's "Word 2 the Father" from back in the day...) but it's the truth. TobyMac knew what he was talking about even in the '80s.
- Today I feel content.
- Good songs I've recently added to my iTunes: Amy Grant's Heart in Motion CD (yes, old school...don't even debate that one b/c it's classic.), Chasing Furies song Thicker (which reminds me of sound checks w/ One 5 Oh!--also an oldie but an amazing song), The Benjamin Gate - Lift Me Up (this song gets me pumped up like none other...love it.), Paolo Nutini - New Shoes, Lily Allen - Smile, and Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good. Oh, and of course our Jazzercise songs: Let's Get Physical and She's a Maniac. Praise the Lord for the '80s.
- tonight i am doing laundry and watching American Idol.
- This weekend I look fwd to watching my 3 year old niece "audition" for 'Merican Idol' in front of my sis, my mom, and me. She should probably get a golden ticket to Hollywood for her cuteness...even if her songs are made up and always involving Home Depot somehow. (she really loves Home Depot...we don't know why.)
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
an update on life...
I actually haven't posted in awhile. Here is a brief and random update on my life: