Saturday, December 29, 2007

travel

Well, I'm on my way to New York for a New Year. I'm about to board the plane from Peoria to O'Hare and then finally on my way to the big apple. I'm running on about 30 minutes of sleep and I'm hoping to catch a few Zzz's (do people still say that?) on both flights and once I arrive at Faith & Becka's empty apartment this afternoon.

I really love to travel. I love flying. There's something about being in airports and the idea that everyone is going somewhere. While I sometimes standoffishly sit in my own little world and people watch, I'm always wondering where people are going and what their stories are. It's intriguing to me. And for some reason I love to fly alone. I love the anonymity of traveling alone. I like finding my own way, figuring things out, and making each little part of the trip an adventure.

I'm looking forward to being in the big city but mostly to spend time w/ 2 of my most favorite people in the world--my friends Faith & Becka. The 3 of us vowed to spend every New Years together a few years ago, and we hope to do it for as long as possible! It's a great tradition and it's fun to reflect upon the year past and make plans for the new year. We always have a theme for each new year, but this year's theme title is still TBD.

Well, I'm boarding...I better go! I do plan to document our adventures in the city whenever I have down time and the girls are at work. Talk to you soon!

No comments: