and I thought I'd just share it with the world since it's her birthday today. That's a picture of us in Vegas this past year (where we celebrated her birthday last March and again celebrated mine in September). While I look semi-crazy in the picture, that's not what's important...my moms looks adorable, because she is, and that's all that matters.
And here are just a few reasons why my mom is the best:
- She's a beautiful woman who looks extremely young to be a mom and a "mimi"...definitely often mistaken as our "older sister"
- She wears cuter clothes than I do half the time
- This past weekend I decided to call her "chubs" because she went from about a size negative 2 to a 4. She's skinny. But don't tell her that--she already knows, for crying out loud! And she's healthy, she's not anorexic, and you have nothing to worry about!
- Who has a mom that cranks up Flo Rida's "Low" on the radio? Mmhmm...that's right. I do. We jammed to it several times in the car and yelled my favorite parts ("with the fur!!!" and "with the strap!!!"--if you don't know, see my post called "Coffee, Tea, and Rap Nonsense")
- She made me. And my sister. And she married my dad, who was also incredibly awesome.
- She's strong, despite what she thinks, but she's made it through an awful lot in life.
- Um, hello...she took me and my sis to Vegas for HER birthday last year...and then me again for mine. How cool is that?
- She is generous and loving and beautiful and fabulous in every way...and she has no idea that she is.