Monday, December 29, 2008

I should be cleaning...

I really hate when people avoid things that need to be done, but I have to admit I'm one of those people when it comes to overwhelming projects.

I am off from work this entire week, and I have a few daunting tasks that I'll eventually guilt myself into getting done. For right now, I still haven't showered for the day and I've only accomplished one load of laundry (that has yet to be transferred to the dryer), one load of dishes in the dishwasher, and created more of a mess on the floor of my 2nd bedroom than previously existed. I'm clearly avoiding my mental to-do list.

I might need to write it down or type it out.

I have so many projects I need to do, and I'm in the mood to purge my apartment of the things I don't need anymore. I take after my grandma Shirlye in that I hold onto anything that has any sentimental value, memory, or tradition. I have a hard time getting rid of things. I'm ready to purge, clean, organize, and sort. I feel like when my home is clean and organized, so is the rest of my life.

My projects are going to be these this week:
  • Sort through old paperwork, bills, etc. and find a filing system that will work for me
  • Reorganize my kitchen cabinets
  • Purge my closets of the plenty of clothes I DO NOT wear but think that someday "I just might need..."
  • Go through all of the stuff that is taking over my 2nd bedroom and throw things away!!!
  • Put away my Christmas tree :( (maybe...I might try to keep it up a little longer...)
  • Organize and utilize the recipes that are not in cookbooks I've collected in one kitchen cabinet
  • Sweep, mop, dust, vacuum, etc. (typical cleaning)
  • Clean out the bathtub and scrub the kitchen floor (which happen less than they should...)
  • Redecorate my living room getting rid of red & green accent colors (not from Christmas, but those have been my accent colors for a long time) and bringing in brighter colors--orange, yellow, and green. and maybe turquoise.

I clearly have a lot to do. I'm just not sure where to begin. But I've begun getting out all of my paperwork and filing folders to attempt the first task on my list. Right now it's all on the floor.

Any suggestions for organizational methods? I might have to go through some RealSimple magazines to find ideas.

Clearly I have a lot to do...

No comments: