Wednesday, January 28, 2004

"Hi, I'm backup Betty."

"Backup Betty?" you ask? Yeah, that's what my sister called me tonight on the phone when I told her that I sang w/ One 5 Oh! tonight at Chapel Rock Christian Church. Hilarious. Anyways, so yeah I sang and I consider that as conquering something I've been terrified to do for quite awhile. Interestingly enough it went pretty well and I think I'm singing again this weekend w/ the band in front of like 700 people in Cincinnati. I'm thinking about being introduced as Backup Betty...good idea? HAha. For real though, God taught me a lot just about worship in general...I was nervous at first but then halfway through I realized how selfish that was--why was I nervous to sing before my God? He doesn't care what I sound like, and if He gifted me to sing enough to be up on the stage then why should I be nervous, right? IT was more of a growth experience than I could ever put into words probably.

Among many other huge things in my life right now God is teaching me a TON! I'm starting to face some big decisions about the future for after graduation and all...just considering my options and figuring out what I want to do and where I want to go. It's scary yet exciting at the same time. I'm totally trusting God and every day it seems like I'm taking a new leap of faith! I'm growing so much though and it's amazing. I'm also SO thankful for all of my friends for keeping in touch w/ me so well (well, MOST of them!) It brings so much joy to my day just to talk to people that I know and love!

Looking fwd to this weekend at CBC--should be LOTS of fun! Also looking fwd to next week I'm going to visit LCC and my family in Streator! Yay! (only for like a day and a half but it's cool)

Well I have a lot to ponder and I'm going to go do that before I go to bed. Tomorrow's my big day off! Yay! Those are fun. ok I've officially used "yay" now 3 times in this...I'm done. sorry. I am going to talk to my Jesus and then i'm off to bed. :-) Goodnight all!

No comments: