Monday, June 28, 2004

Great snippets from my weekend...

I'll fill you in on some things that made me smile, made me laugh, made me think, made me inspired, or something else this weekend:

*I was INSPIRED when my mom and aunt came friday and helped me do some more decorating in the apt. Thanks aunt Irene--she's so darn good at that stuff!

*It made me SMILE when I got lots of cool cheap deals on stuff at garage sales and mission mart, etc. for my apartment that further inspired my decorating!

*I LAUGHED really hard when I saw this little kid running around his/her yard in Bloomington in this bright green, hideously scary, furry, fluffy, animal-looking costume that covered him/her (i couldn't tell) from head to toe in the heat of the afternoon!

*It made me THINK a lot last night at Fuel and yesterday at Eastview about a lot of things: how I care too much about what other people think, how I should care more about my character on the inside and what people think of THAT than what they think of the OUTSIDE, also just about how much I focus on me, me, me in my faith rather than just the awesomeness of Christ and his sacrifice--it's all for His glory and not mine!

*It made me THANKFUL just today at lunch that I have a job, an apartment, food to eat, water to drink, air to breathe, and it could be taken away in just one second. God's so huge and so powerful!

*I'm EXCITED b/c I just got these two cd's from a booking agent to listen to possible people to book for fall campus challenge. My current selection is Shawn McDonald, a new artist, who is extremely creative and talented from what I've heard so far.

Well, that's all I'll throw out at ya for now. There's plenty more that was inspiring, uplifting, happy, or challenging to me but I'll spare you. Have a great day and thank God for something or someone today! Be reminded of how powerful and awesome He is!

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Hey I know Shawn McDonald! He's a friend of mine if it is who I'm thinking of. Where is he from?

Mandy said...

I think he's from Seattle or Oregon or something... I don't remember. Definitely a west-coast-er though. His website is www.shawnymac.com. Check it out.