Monday, June 14, 2004

It's a new week and I've had a lot of new ideas and perspectives as of this weekend. Good weekend of fun, fellowship, and friends. Hung out w/ amanda and went out in b-ton and had an eye-opening experience at a bar actually. We realized that the awkwardness we feel in a bar is probably quite similar to the awkwardness some of those people probably feel coming to the church. Now whenever I sit in a church service I'm thinking, "what on earth would those people be thinking or feeling at this moment if they were here?" to get a new perspective on ministry and how the church can reach out to a different generation and culture than it's known for...without compromise, of course. I do have a huge vision for that and I am praying for new opportunities to get involved in a church community and to serve where I am gifted...but I'm still figuring all that out. So if you have suggestions on where to serve or what areas you think I'd do best in, I'd love to hear it b/c I have a hard time figuring that all out at times.

Last night I went to Fuel at Eastview and felt an urge to serve there, but I'm still praying about it. I'm beginning to see more of how this job is first and foremost a ministry rather than a job, and I'm going to have to remind myself of that on the days when I feel like it's more of a job, or even a time to just sit in front of a computer all day. We had a girl visit today and she had an amazing testimony, and it's encouraging to see incoming students/transfers who have a willing heart to do ministry and are already so passionate that you can see them being successful in God's eyes. She was a blessing today.

Now it's even past time to leave work but I had to get in my daily blog...I didn't even notice that it was time to go and I was organizing my file folders. I need to continue doing that tomorrow, that's for sure! I do have stuff to do but i'mjust now realizing it! Well I'm out of here...off to the bank to set up an account. (which will soon be empty due to my bills that will soon arrive and smack me in the face w/ the warm message of "welcome to life after college!!!" On that note, God bless your day! :-)

No comments: