Wednesday, July 07, 2004

"Let's kick off our shoes and wade through the night..."

What a great summer song...I am listening to a little Matty Wertz right now and that song just makes me want to go run around outside on a summer night...or dance...either one.

I was looking at Relevant Magazine online earlier and found a review for a new jazz artist named Jamie Cullum--his CD is next on my list to purchase I think. Go to Best Buy's website and listen to samples of his CD, Twentysomething. He's like 23 years old with the vocals and style of Steve Tyrell or Frank Sinatra, and lyrics that somehow remind me of John Mayer but are quite similar to classic jazz people like Frank or Tony Bennett.

Oh let's see...since my last post I've been to Cincinnati and back. It was actually a good time in the city, even though it was for Bible Bowl! One of the teams saw Nick & Jessica in Grater's eating ice cream on Wed. night, so I had my eyes peeled everywhere I went in hopes of seeing them myself. (no such luck.) Tomorrow I'm going to CIY in Anderson, IN to visit the CIY teams from LCC, and I'm so excited to see lots of people I know from different things. good friends. good memories. good times.

Other than that...I'm still stuck in this funk of not knowing who I am or what my passions are or what I want to do for the rest of my life. I think sometimes I'm too focused on figuring that out, but really it's not my job to figure it out. God's got it all under control and so I've just got to let it go and realize that this is all part of the growing-up in life and faith process. Eventually, I suppose I'll just know...is that how it works? I hope so. Kinda like when people say you "just know" when you've met the person you're going to marry? I'm not so sure how that works, but then again you never know... Anyways, I'm realizing that I'm not the only one who feels this way...in fact, a lot of people I've talked to feel the same way this summer. It's encouraging to know other people are in the same place as you.

Well, though the end of my work day is still a good hour and a half away, I'll end this blog. You'd be so bored if I wrote for another hour and a half! later yo.

No comments: