Monday, July 12, 2004

Who am I?

Good question. I don't know either. I'm making progress daily though on figuring out the answer to that question. It's quite an adventure to learn more about yourself, and I think it's a lifelong adventure. I feel like in the past few days I've learned a lot about myself. I won't share the personal details, but some of the silly things I spend too much time focusing on have come to surface in my mind. It's great to realize those things but it's so hard to figure out how to implement any change.

I went to CIY for 2 days to visit the girls' CIY team that I supervise, and it was soooo refreshing. My heart is so passionate about the ministry of Christ In Youth. I really hope to work there someday and I'm beginning already to pray for open doors in the future. I had the chance to see A LOT of people I knew from my 6 weeks of CIY last summer and from my internship w/ One 5 Oh and from past years on camp teams. What a great time, but it gets to be somewhat draining. Sometimes I wonder if I spread myself too thin in efforts to visit & talk w/ such a plethora of people. However, that's probably my own fault.

Other than that, what an incredible time of praise! CIY has always been like a little tiny vision of heaven that increases my faith like a thousand times more. It was fun to worship w/ the music of One 5 Oh again, even though it was slightly weird to not be up there anymore! Also, Jayson French knocked it out of the ballpark w/ his sermon friday night. WOW!!! To make it short, his point was this: "GO!!!!" It's that simple. Don't sit there. Don't get comfortable. Don't be afraid. Don't fear your lack of confidence. Don't be afraid that you don't have the right words to say. Don't worry that you might be rejected by the world or people around you. Get up, and GO!!! Make a difference! Find just one person to invest yourself in and begin praying for them. How awesome would it be if every student at every CIY this summer accepted the challenge to bring one person to Christ in the next year--- the Kingdom would be drastically changed and expanded! The theme of CIY this summer is "The Kingdom" and that's exactly what I need to be focused on more. Not myself, but my cause.

No comments: