Monday, January 31, 2005

I think it's coming...

a sore throat.
I can feel it. Starts out all dry, just thinking I need a drink, but it'll be unquenchable. I have good sore throat instincts (as well as other instincts). Or you could call me a hypochondriac, if you'd like. I'll admit to it. But I'll also admit to this: I'm good at diagnosing myself. I knew I had shingles 2 years ago before the dr. told me and before it even really started. Thanks WebMd.com for making me smarter...and sometimes more of a hypochondriac.

Great weekend...saw some friends from years ago at LCC. The b-ball guys were back for Matt Clark's Hall of Fame induction. Reminded me of the days of the round table in the cafe. Some good memories, some not-so-good. Sometimes I think it used to be too much like high school. Those groups SO changed over time!


On a completely different note, I had a dream the other night that has thrown my whole weekend off. It was a really good dream, but I had to wake up and realize it was not actually happening. Let's just say it was about a boy...we were best friends in this dream. It was good. Life was good. It left me "so...CAUGHT UP!" (singing new Usher hit...which I'd LOVE to dance to. I wish I was still on Streatorettes in High School somedays just so I could dance all the time.)


Fuel was great last night. God is constantly reminding me, "Hey--get CAUGHT UP in me!" and it always rearranges my focus & priorities. Met a really cool girl who I will be praying for...I can tell already that God's doing something HUGE in her life. Can't wait to see what it is.

Kinda looking fwd. to tomorrow: Noel-Levitz College Recruiting/Retention Conference. It'll be me & the boys...but I still think it might be fun! At least it's a day in St. Louis and not Lincoln! It's just too bad it has to start at 5 a.m. for me...

1 comment:

Brad and Lindy said...

Ah, the round table days. Jury is still out for me. Sometimes I loved it and other times I thought it served as a devestating representation of ourselves. I think my all time favorite cafe days were my freshman year when I would sit at the third round table with Toadie for hours after chapel on Tuesdays. Different people would hang out with us every hour. It was fantastic.... Of course, I should have been doing homework.