Tuesday, May 03, 2005

bored

I forgot what it was like, for quite some time, to be bored at work. Today I remember.

So I'm blogging.

So...guess what?

-I leave in 3 days to go to San Antonio! What is funny is that several times when I've told people they have not heard me correctly and thought I said I was going to see Antonio. It's my first time to fly by myself, and I'll admit I'm scared, but I'm excited. I keep hearing people talk about cool in-flight conversations with strangers, and I'm anxious to meet who God will place next to me. I'm also excited to see a new city, hang out w/ Alli, road trip it back w/ her, see my cousins in Dallas that I haven't seen in 8 years, stop in Tulsa, maybe drop by Ozark, and come on back home next Tuesday!

-I hope the next 3 days go by fast...and I think they will!
-Tonight I have a cookout w/ my house church in Normal, and it's the last night for this school year!
-tomorrow night my SFG girls are coming over for dinner--should be fun!
-Thursday I'll pack, and Friday I'll eat breakfast w/ Kate & her boy Sam, and I'm on my way to St. Louie.

Yay! it's fun to travel. i can't wait to take pictures of every place we stop on the road trip.

In other news, Damien Spikereit totally spoke some great words in Chapel this morning...the best part? Him reminding us that when we feel inadequate it's okay because we ARE! we're all inadequate, inarticulate, we'll never be good enough leaders, we'll never be good enough teachers or preachers, and we'll always be in over our heads...because it's the WORD that is powerful. Power does not come from us.

Dang, it's a humbling reminder, but oh so necessary. Check out Isaiah 55 tonight and be amazed at the power of the Word. Just see what it can do. I'll be chewing on it for awhile.

1 comment:

supersimbo said...

isaiah 55 bang bang......it gets you like that dont it?! great post.