Thursday, December 22, 2005

3 more days?

It makes me sad that there's only 3 more days of this season, b/c you know that as soon as the 25th is over, the sales on the 26th hit, and everyone is mentally finished w/ Christmas. This season flies by way too fast, and it's not even the day that I care about...more the season! At least this year I get to look forward to NYC on the 29th!!! (hopefully the strike will be over by then, might I add!)

I miss that little advent calendar that my parents used to hang in December to replace the regular calendar. It was a hideous green thing with mice on it and the little pockets counting from 1-25. Each morning before school I'd move that little mouse one more day. But I could never decide if it was better to count forward or backward to let me know how many days till Christmas.

And just so you know, I'm sure I'll continue to listen to Christmas music as I please after the 25th.

I watched White Christmas last night and have officially decided it's an all-time favorite of mine. It's really not that Christmas-y, but it's the dancing and singing that I love. I secretly wish I was Vera Ellen or Rosemary Clooney. And I also secretly wish to have a surprise White Christmas like on the movie. OK, so it's not secret anymore. oh well.

No comments: