Thursday, March 29, 2007

here goes...


So off we go in about 2 hours...(well, to go to O'Hare, but we leave the country @ 7:35 p.m.!!!) It's so crazy to think about being in a different country in 24 hours. Well, more than that I guess... The pink circle above (that you can't read very well...) is Oradea, Romania, and that's where I'll be! We have an 8 hour flight to Zurich, Switzerland, an hour or 2 layover, and then a 2 hour flight to Budapest, Hungary from where we will continue our travels on a 4 hour van ride to Oradea.
I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for this trip. It's more than just seeing a new country and visiting a new place and playing with little kids. It's so much more than anything we'll do while we're there. God is a bigger God than that. We have to stand back and let Him do His thing with us as He chooses.
If you remember to, pray for us this week as we're in Romania! We'll be back on April 7th, the day before Easter. Pray for the people we're going to encounter, the students in our group, those of us who are leaders on the trip, the many kids who are left orphaned in Romania, the families who take them in at Caminul Felix (where we are staying & working), and pray that God will do more than we could ever ask or imagine. I honestly have no idea what I'm even stepping into, but here goes!!!
Also, if you would, please pray for a little girl named Regan Mills...and for her family. Her little body is fighting to breathe and fight off pneumonia among many other things. Her life is such a blessing to so many people in a way that we could never live up to...and yet we try so hard and miss the mark. It truly humbles me. It is a confusing and crazy thing how God works, but He still does. If you want to stay up-to-date with their family, check out the Mills' Family blog.
I'm off to grab some lunch and head out, but I hope to update once we get there! I plan to at least send out an email from an internet cafe to let many of you know we arrived, but I'll update if I can!
peace...

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

I am praying you to have a great trip. Hug on all those little ones and have a good time