Friday, September 28, 2007

Vegas Vacation

Vegas...twice in one year? Yes. We went in March for my mom's birthday, and this time we went for mine. We had actually planned on going somewhere else, but we couldn't pass up the cheap tickets out of Bloomington for airfare and a great deal for rooms @ the Luxor. So my mom, my aunt Irene, and I went to Vegas this week and sadly I must say we have returned. But we had a great time and lots of funny stories to tell. Ask me sometime about why we had 2 men in our hotel bathtub at 1:00 a.m. the last night...I'll explain. It's not as wild as it sounds, I promise! But it was pretty crazy.


me and my cute momma getting ready to pick up some guys...j/k.

all dressed up to go see Mamma Mia! (it was my mom's THIRD time seeing it!)


Sisters...sisters...that's my Aunt Irene and my mom. They're stepsisters.

Aunt Irene, Mom, and me in front of the Bellagio (which you can't see). The fountains there are pretty much my favorite thing ever in Vegas. I think I could sit there all night and watch them. Thankfully, my friend Adam drove us around that night so we wouldn't have to walk so much. We had lots of fun!


My view of the Luxor from the pool. Unfortunately, we weren't staying in the pyramid part of it, but we were in the East Tower on the side.



My view at the pool every single day. That is vacation, my friends...except for the Europeans walking around in their speedos...3 of which were right next to me on the last afternoon at the pool. I hope someday the world will be rid of speedos.

me and mom on the "Deuce" (the 2-level bus)

So I don't gamble a lot, but I love playing on the penny slots. And this game, Super Jackpot Party, usually turns to gold when I touch it. This trip...not so much...but it's still fun. The key is that you have to dance along to the music it plays when you win a party...or at least that's my rule.

Yay! Mom won a party too!

Mom and Irene in the airport

me and mom...sad to be leaving las vegas, but it was the best birthday present! Thanks Mom!!!
And while my last post was "25 reasons to celebrate being 25" I think I'll soon have to come up w/ "25 reasons to move to Vegas"...many of which will involve the warm weather.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are some great pictures! I am glad you enjoyed yourselves! We need to get together!

Tara said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I definitely want to hear more about these men in your bathtub! :-)

Mills Family said...

I just logged on hopping you would have some pics for me to look at...so fun..it makes me want to do that with my mama.